[R] Help to extract results from lme.object

Luc Villandre villandl at dms.umontreal.ca
Fri May 8 20:42:28 CEST 2009

Auston wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Would someone please give me a hint how to extract the between and within
> subject StdDev from "lme" fit? Below is the output from the fit, but I couldn't
> find the number 0.3927714 anywhere in the fitted object. Thanks in advance for
> your help!
>

> Random effects:
>  Formula: ~1 | group
>         (Intercept)  Residual
> StdDev:   0.3927714 0.7857085
>

> Best,
>
> Auston

Hi Auston,

Extracting those standard deviation values isn't so hard.

If you want to extract the variance on your parameter estimates, use

diag(lme.output$varFix) ;

If you want to extract the variance for the random effects, use

as.numeric(VarCorr(lme.output)[,"Variance"]) ;

At last, if you want your within-group error standard deviation, simply try

lme.output$sigma ;

Is there something missing?

Cheers,

--