[R] postscript()-resolution

Eik Vettorazzi E.Vettorazzi at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Fri May 8 16:35:40 CEST 2009

Hi Henning,
maybe you just lost the extension (.eps) of the file  when "converting"
it with ghostview. But R postscript(..,onefile=FALSE) produces actually
an eps compatible file.
An (encapsulated) postscript file is a vector based file format, so
there isn't such a thing as a "resulution", since it can be arbitrarily
rescaled (and a printed version depends on the possible ps-printer dpi.)
When converting it (eg with ghostscript) to a bitmap based filetype,
such as tiff, you can specify a resulution.

Hth.