[R] Plotting questions

lehe timlee126 at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 11:32:04 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am new to R. I have two questions about plotting in R:

1. How to plot several lines in a figure? Suppose I have several sets of
points (xi,yi), where xi and yi are equal-length vector. plot(x1,y1) will
give a line connecting these points. Another plot(x2,y2) will erase what
plot before and plot the new line. Can I have these lines all drawn in the
same figure?

2. How to open another figure window? Repeating plot will redraw in the same
window instead of opening another one.

Thanks and regards!
-Tim