[R] compiling 64 bit JRI.dll with 64bit XP

gatechatl makimakidesign at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:56:43 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I was able to run my Java-R program using a 32-bit jdk on my 64-bit machine;
however I wish to use the 64-bit jdk so my Java program can take advantage
of the larger memory capabilities etc.  I'm currently trying to compile
JRI_0.4-1 on a 64-bit XP I got to a point that I was able to generate a
32-bit dll, but I don't know exactly how to modify it so that it's able to
generate a 64-bit dll.  I tried modifying the makefile adding -m64 to some
of the gcc command with no success.  I am not very experienced with creating
dll's, but I was wondering if anybody attempted to compile a 64-bit JRI.dll?
And if so what type of modifications or resources should I use?  Thanks!

Tim