[R] How to call time series functions from C ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu May 7 15:51:13 CEST 2009

On 5/7/2009 9:24 AM, goon83 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   I meet the problem to call R from C.
>
>   Can someone tell me is it possible to call time series functions(such as ar and arima)from  C program on linux platform, and then compile the C program to a standalone executable file?
>
>   I know we can call some function defined in Rmath.h , but I have not found the entry point for time series function.

There are none, but you can write a front end for R, and it can evaluate
R expressions, etc.  The procedure is described in the Writing R
Extensions manual.

Remember that if you distribute the program you do need to follow the
GPL, and distribute all of R as well as all of your own program in
source code form.

Duncan Murdoch