[R] dotplot: labeling coordinates for each point

Qifei Zhu zhu_qifei at yahoo.com.sg
Thu May 7 03:54:53 CEST 2009

Hi Deepayan,

Thanks for the reply. here is a very simple example of what I'm looking for:

> y=c(100,0,-20)
> x=c("Atlanta", "Baltimore", "Berkeley CA")
> dotplot(y~x, xlab="Store", ylab="Revenue",main="test", scale=list(rot=60))

Basically it produces a graph of city on the x-axis and its associated revenue on the y-axis. In the real data set, the x-axis will be filled of tens or even hundreds of cities, so I wanna label the dots in the graph whenever the revenue (y value) is greater than a threshold, let's say 90 in this case. The labels should be in (x,y) format, which is (Atlanta, 100) in this case. Appreciate a lot for your help!

Best,
Tony