[R] How to do Naive Bayes in R?

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed May 6 22:44:05 CEST 2009

      help.search('bayes') only searches installed packages.

      To go beyond that, you might try the following:

library(RSiteSearch)

bayes <- RSiteSearch.function('bayes', 999)
summary(bayes)
# This produces a Parato analysis of packages in terms of references
# to the search term in their help pages.
# In this example, it does NOT find 'e1071'.

n.b <- RSiteSearch.function('naive Bayes')
HTML(n.b)
# This displays a table in a web browser sorted by package and "Score"
# with links to the help pages via the web.

      Beyond this, "www.r-project.org -> Documentation:  Books" provides
a list of books about various aspects of R, including several references
to "Bayes".

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer