[R] Do you use R for data manipulation?

Simon Pickett simon.pickett at bto.org
Wed May 6 16:01:33 CEST 2009

My institute uses SAS religiously, I am the only R "heathen".

I have resisted learning to use SAS because I dont see the point after years
of using R and I like being able to do everything using one program.
However, my colleagues maintain that SAS is "better" for programming without
really ever giving me a good reason why other than memory issues.

dont want to hi-jack the thread but would be interested in hearing some
other views, especially since my organisation spends (wastes?) alot of money
every year on SAS licences...

Simon.