[R] Rcompression and Java Deflator

Andrew Dunn adunn at mango-solutions.com
Wed May 6 12:34:25 CEST 2009

Hi Ben,

I have successfully used rcompression with archives created in Java. I have not used the Deflater to do it but rather the GZipOutputStream. (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/zip/GZIPOutputStream.html) in combination with a java based tar archive generator (http://www.trustice.com/java/tar/) to create gzipped tar files. The trustice tar api is very similar to the java ZIP api and is fairly simple to pick up.

Regards

Andrew

www.mango-solutions.com