[R] FOURIER INTEGRALS IN R

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Tue May 5 17:06:38 CEST 2009

Your integrand is smooth.

What are the limits of integration: 0 to 1 or 0 to infinity?  Main challenge
is that it is increasingly oscillatory as x and/or t increase.  You can find
the zeros of the cosine function and add up the integrals between successive
zeros.  In what context does this inttegral arise?  It must have been
studied well using asymptotic approximation and such.

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu