[R] A variation on the bar plot

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Tue May 5 02:31:10 CEST 2009

It's sometimes called a pyramid plot.

The plotrix package has one. See ?pyramid.plot

>>> dxc13 <dxc13 at health.state.ny.us> 05/04/09 7:58 PM >>>

Hi all,
I cannot think of the technical name of this plot, but I want to create
plot with the data below that looks like two back-to-back horizontal bar
plots.
Ideally, there would be a vertical line in the center of the plot at
zero,
and on the right hand side would be 4 bars representing the values for
2007,
and on the left side of the vertical line would be the corresponding
values
for 2005.  Even though values would be on the left side of the zero
line, it
doesn't mean they are negative, I just want to compare changes in time.

>data
 2005  2007
11.42 11.76
11.93 11.97