[R] Support Vector Machines

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon May 4 17:37:53 CEST 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 8:52 AM, excalibur wrote:

> This question is still unanswered.

Unanswered questions are often those which do not comply with the
guidelines in the Posting Guide. Many people have gotten tired of
either making up examples or of writing  "Read the Posting Guide", so
they just ignore them.

> Someone can explain me how use the svm function to make density
> estimation ?

If you post an executable bit of code that shows how you are doing
those operations, then I suspect someone will answer.

excalibur wrote:

>> Hi,
>> i try to use function svm of package e1071 to estimate a density.
>>
>> But if my data are X=(X1,...,Xn) and m<-svm(X) some values of m$SV
>> are
>> less than 0.
>> I don't see how i can get the estimation of the density with this
>> function.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Rémi

David Winsemius, MD