[R] clear screen?

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Mon May 4 00:50:52 CEST 2009

I’ve been using this routine for several years.  I’m sorry, I don’t remember
where I got it.  It works as it should, viz. it blanks the R console.  But
it requires package rcom and now that requires rscproxy.

cls <-
function ()
{
    require(rcom)
    wsh <- comCreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    comInvoke(wsh, "SendKeys", "\f")
    invisible(wsh)
}

> cls()

This seems like overkill to me just to blank the R console, especially since
I am trying to diminish the number of necessary packages to support my
home-brew package.

So, is there an easier way to blank the R console in Windows?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tcltk     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] rcom_2.1-1         rscproxy_1.2-0     survival_2.35-3
RColorBrewer_1.0-2   RODBC_1.2-5       myhomebrew

[1] tools_2.8.1

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com