[R] running R on netbooks/minis?

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Sun May 3 21:13:04 CEST 2009

On the basic eee pc 701 it I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix
on an SD card.  This appears to work well.  The WiFi card was
recognised and it was possible to install R, emacs and ess in the same
way as with ordinary Ubuntu.  I dont expect to break any speed records
but R emacs and openoffice do work. Updated Ubuntu is much more up to
date al nd more flexible than the original Xandros.  Octave, Maxima
and Gret also appear to work

Best  Regards

John