[R] locating rcmd.exe through a batch script

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat May 2 17:27:49 CEST 2009

Santosh wrote:
> Dear R-sians...
> Installing libraries

Well, I think you want to install a *package* into a library.

> through RCMD INSTALL does not seem to work.. Is the
> following command c
>
> R CMD install -l "C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library"

Please use forward slashes or soubled backslashes for
filenamespecification in R.

> "C:\temp\xpose4_4.0.4_win32
> .zip"
>
> I get the following error message.
> 'C:\temp\xpose4_4.0.4_win32.zip':Windows binary packages in zipfiles are not
> supported: skipping

Yes, the command line interface is intended for source packages only.
Use install.packages() from within R in order to isjtall binary packages
as those shipped in zip files.

Uwe Ligges