[R] Double summation limits

RON70 ron_michael70 at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 06:18:30 CEST 2009

Can anyone please explain me why it is not coming? I have done following :

> j=1
> i=0:j; sum( choose(i+j,i) )
[1] 3
> j=2
> i=0:j; sum( choose(i+j,i) )
[1] 10
> j=3
> i=0:j; sum( choose(i+j,i) )
[1] 35
> j=0:3; i=0:j; sum( choose(i+j,i) )
Warning message:
In 0:j : numerical expression has 4 elements: only the first used
[1] 4

Here if value of "j" is given independently it is ok. However as soon as "j"
is used in loop it fails? Why it is happening? Is there any mathematics
behind that?