[R] How to generate natural cubic spline in R?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 05:43:38 CEST 2009

If one enters:

??"spline"

... You get quite a few matches. The one in the stats functions that
probably answers your specific questions is:

"splinefun {stats}                  R Documentation
Interpolating Splines               Description
Perform cubic (or Hermite) spline interpolation of given data points,
returning either a list of points obtained by the interpolation or a
function performing the interpolation."

"splinefun returns a function with formal arguments x and deriv, the
latter defaulting to zero. This function can be used to evaluate the
interpolating cubic spline (deriv=0), or its derivatives (deriv=1,2,3)
at the points x, where the spline function interpolates the data
points originally specified. This is often more useful than spline."

Perhaps you need to review from you basic intro material regarding
help.search("text")     # or
??"text"    # possibilities.

--
David Winsemius