[R] Wrong path to user defined library for the R Help Files

Breitbach, Nils breitbach at uni-mainz.de
Mon Mar 30 13:55:11 CEST 2009

Dear R-Community,

since I work on a PC at the University I have not the necessary rights for all devices and therefore my library is located on a net device. The installation process worked and everything is right apart from one little thing - the help files. When I try to search with the function "?helptopic" I allways get an URL error. The problem is obvious from the error message because it gives the path where R tries to find the help files. R mixes two paths in the way that it uses the default path of the home directiory followed by my user defined path given via .libPaths. How can I give R the information about the right path without using the default path and mix both up when searching the help files. Can I simply add a line in the Rprofile.site file?

I do not know if this is a problem, but my personal working directory is diffrend from my personal library path?

Thanks in advance ...

Cheers,

Nils