[R] Tables

skrug skrug at ifm-geomar.de
Thu Mar 26 16:39:18 CET 2009

Hi,

I am just starting using R. Hence, sorry for asking probably rather easy
questions.

I used "read.table" to bring an .txt Table to R. Unfortunately the
columns do not have the same length. I tried "fill=TRUE", to fill the
blank space with "na". In a certain kind of way it worked, but befor
filling the spaces it moved data from later columns to the first:

1    a   b   c                  1   a   b   c
2   a   b      c                  2   a   b   c
3   a   b      c                   3   a   b    c
4      b      c                     4   b   c    NA
5            c                       5   c   NA NA

What is my mistake?

Thank you
Sebastian

Dipl. Biol. Sebastian Krug
PhD - student
IFM - GEOMAR
Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences
Research Division 2 - Marine Biogeochemistry
Düsternbrooker Weg 20
D - 24105 Kiel
Germany

Tel.: +49 431 600-4282