[R] r online

j verzani verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu
Tue Mar 24 17:41:36 CET 2009

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd <at> debian.org> writes:

> On 24 March 2009 at 12:06, Thomas Steiner wrote:
> | Hi,
> | I'd like to execute simple commands and functions in R through a
> | website, is there any service like this somewhere?
> | I only found http://www.osvisions.com/r-online/ but it does not work
> | (last update 2003) and the links to releated websites only give errors
> | (if I calculate 7+3).
> | Thanks for help & hints,
>
> Please read the R FAQ which has an entire section devoted to this that I
> include below, copied and pasted from the txt version of the R
> FAQ. Personally, I'd go with Rpad.

To add to the FAQ that Dirk quotes:

The Sage project has an online "notebook" server at sagenb.org that allows one
to use numerous open source math programs including R. Sage can be installed
locally as well. (The R feature seems to be broken at the moment though, but it
does work on a local install.)

The gWidgetsWWW package (needs testing still) provides an interface to Rpad that
you could use to quickly create a web page to interpret R commands, e.g. the
simplistic http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/gWidgetsWWW/ex-cli.html. However,
graphics are easier done using Rpad, than gWidgetsWWW.