[R] lattice multipanel strip placement - with two factors

Dan Kortschak dan.kortschak at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Mar 23 10:25:13 CET 2009

That's part way to my desired solution, but not completely there.

Here's an example:

chromosome<-rep(c("A","X","Y"),time=20)
type<-rep(c(1:20),times=3)
length<-rnorm(60)
densityplot(~length | type * chromosome, layout=c(5,12))

What I would like to see is the chromosome strip (A, X, Y) once on the
left as useOuterStrips() gives, but with the type strip internal as the
normal lattice function gives.

using

useOuterStrips(densityplot(~length | type * chromosome, layout=c(5,12)))

for my data (data ranges from 0-400) is about as unreadable at the
normal situation (the toy example doesn't get that across).

thanks
Dan