[R] RSPerl ?

T M rp at greenroom.ca
Fri Mar 20 19:23:41 CET 2009

We were hoping to use RSPerl to interface various R scripts we have to
a Perl-based web interface.  I have been able to get some simple code
working; however, I can't seem to return a dataframe from R to Perl,
and I can't seem to determine from the documentation whether this is
possible or not.

I would have posted this to an omegahat  mailing list, but all the
links to lists on the omegahat website seem to be dead.  The latest
version of RSPerl on that site is quite old, and contains fairly
trivial (e.g., extraneous =cut tag) bugs that were identified by
people quite a while ago.  Is RSPerl no longer actively maintained ?
Is there a better alternative ?

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
terry