[R] separating the integer part of a number from the fractional part

csrc2010 jordachenation at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 05:31:40 CET 2009

I have columns of decimal numbers (representing fraction day of year). I need
to separate the fractional part of the number (to the right of the radix
point) from the integer part. For example, if the number were '207.65' Id
like to make a separate column which contained only '65' or even better,
'0.65.' What I am trying to do is separate day from night. Any ideas??
Thanks.
-JPG