[R] Way to rotate a histogram?

Patrizio Frederic frederic.patrizio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:29:40 CET 2009

Jason,
be carefully to the order of intensities (counts or densities):

x=rnorm(1000)
par(mfrow=c(2,2))
h=hist(x,breaks=bk<-c(-5,-3,-2,-1,-.5,0,1,3,5))
barplot(rev(h$intensities),rev(bk[2:9]-bk[1:8]),space=0,horiz=T) # compare to
axis(2)
barplot(h$intensities,bk[2:9]-bk[1:8],space=0,horiz=T)
axis(2)

Patrizio

2009/3/17 David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net>:
> I believe that hist will return a vector that could be passed to barplot:
>
>  h.islands <- hist(islands)
>
>> barplot(h.islands$intensities, horiz=TRUE)  # or
>> barplot(h.islands$counts, horiz=TRUE)
>
> David Winsemius
>
> On Mar 17, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Jason Rupert wrote:
>

>> Here is what I have so far:
>>>
>>> test_data<-rnorm(100)
>>> par(mfrow=c(1,3)) # 3 rows by 1 columns layout of plots
>>> hist(test_data)
>>> boxplot(test_data)