[R] Stuck on building a package

Ajay Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Sun Mar 15 09:46:43 CET 2009

Folks,

I have a personal package which used to build fine. Today when I tried
to build the package again, some errors popped up. Could you please
help? When I paste the offending function into an R it works
correctly. But the package build breaks.

$ R CMD check ansecon
* checking for working pdflatex ... OK
* using log directory '/Users/ajayshah/L/R/packages/ansecon.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
* using session charset: ASCII
* checking for file 'ansecon/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'ansecon' version '0.1'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking whether package 'ansecon' can be installed ... ERROR
Installation failed.
See '/Users/ajayshah/L/R/packages/ansecon.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.
make: *** [check] Error 1

And
$ more /Users/ajayshah/L/R/packages/ansecon.Rcheck/00install.out
* Installing *source* package 'ansecon' ...
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading

Attaching package: 'zoo'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

         as.Date.numeric

Error in parse(n = -1, file = file) : unexpected end of input at
63: ft=winsorised.left, winsorised.right=winsorised.right)
64: }
Calls: <Anonymous> -> code2LazyLoadDB -> sys.source -> parse
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'ansecon'
** Removing '/Users/ajayshah/L/R/packages/ansecon.Rcheck/ansecon'

--
Ajay Shah                                      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah
ajayshah at mayin.org                             http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com