[R] Selecting / creating unique colours for behavioural / transitional data

Ross Culloch ross.culloch at dur.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 17:45:18 CET 2009

Hi Alexis,

In my opinion you are nothing short of genius! That worked a treat, i
thought it would be something simple, but i could not find the script or an
example anywhere!!!

That was a massive help and has salvaged my day! :clap:

Thanks very much to everyone else that helped, it was much appreciated! I
only hope i can get to a point in R where i can help people solely for the
sake of helping them!

Cheers,

Ross

Hi Ross,

If you really need 15 colors, maybe you can use the Set3 palette
provided by RColorBrewer (this is the one used by TraMineR up to 12
states) and add yourself 3 more colors ?

For example (you can mix the hexadecimal color numbers from the
RColorBrewer palette and real color names in the same vector) :

library(RColorBrewer)
mycolors <- brewer.pal(12,"Set3")
mycolors <- c(mycolors, "blue", "green", "yellow")

All the best,
Alexis.