[R] Selecting / creating unique colours for behavioural / transitional data

Ross Culloch ross.culloch at dur.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 14:58:25 CET 2009

Hi Kingsford,

Thanks yet again for your help! I have tried this, and once again i have
failed! I have put the code that i've used below (i'm sure you'll note some
bad practice) if that is any use to help explain where i'm going wrong, it
seems to run fine and feeds back just what you noted it would, but i still
get the error message as before - if you have any more suggestions i'd be
very greatful, i'm sure it is down to me missing something very simple!

Thanks again,

Ross

> mycols <- colors.plot(T)
> str(mycols$color.names)
 Factor w/ 15 levels "slategray2","snow3",..: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 1 2 3 ...
> ##Factor w/ 4 levels "blue","green",..: 3 4 2 1
> str(as.character(mycols$color.names))
 chr [1:15] "tomato1" "tomato4" "turquoise1" "violet" "violetred4" "wheat3"
> ##chr [1:4] "tomato1" "yellow1" "green" "blue"
>
> attach(dd)
> seqiplot(data.seq[1:4,], withlegend=FALSE, ylab="Seal ID",
+ axes = F, title = "30-09-2008", cpal=mycols)
There were 12 warnings (use warnings() to see them)