[R] Selecting / creating unique colours for behavioural / transitional data

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:24:19 CET 2009

> Thanks for the reply - some of the sets/palettes in the RColorBrewer are
> ideal, but the problem with the problem i have is that they only go up to 12
> colours, and i need 15 colours - so i assume the only thing i can do is
> create my own palette, but i'm having limited success in trying to work out
> how to do this.

I'll think you'll find it very challenging to create 15
distinguishable colours - there's a good reason the colorbrewer
colours only go up to 12.  Because you could describe your plot more
fully - it might be possible to display your data in a way that
doesn't require quite so many colours.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/