[R] Plots not loading

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Fri Mar 13 12:16:04 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 01:25:40PM -0700, Atul Joshi wrote:
> When I run my .r script using source (myfilename) from console the plots appear.
>
> However, when I execute the same file via terminal command line using R CMD BATCH myfilename, the plots do not appear.
>
> I am working with Mac.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

In BATCH mode it does not make much sense to display plots on the
screen because the script may be running on a system without screen
(cluster). So R uses a different default device. On my LINUX
system it's pdf, so all my plots go to Rplots.pdf unless I explicitly
send them somewhere else. I don't know about the defaults on Macs but
you should be able to find the file in the current directory easily.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik