[R] Mixed models fixed effects

Emma Stone Emma.Stone at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 11:52:02 CET 2009

Hi Thierry,

Thanks again! You are a great help!!

I have taken habitat out, and then run it with style but still the same
problem exists, so I have taken both style and habitat out. The problem
here is it leaves me with only 3 parameters and because they are all
correlated I cant use them in the same models, so I just have 3 single
models (one for each parameter) - which isnt ideal.

G3Pgaps<-glmer(passes~pgaps+(1|Site),family=poisson)
C1Hvol<-glmer(passes~hvolume+(1|Site))
C2OHArea<-glmer(passes~oharea+(1|Site))

Also, when I run the C1 and C2 model, it wont work if I state family
poisson.

Is there anyway I can get rid of the correlations in the parameters so that
I can use them in the same model? Or is there another option to boost n, ie
bootsrapping??

Thanks again

Emma

--On 13 March 2009 11:21 +0100 "ONKELINX, Thierry"
<Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be> wrote:

> poisson

Emma Stone
Postgraduate Researcher