[R] non-positive definite matrix remedies?

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 01:21:19 CET 2009

Many thanks John. Your suggestion was the type of thing I was looking
for and you got me on the right track:apparently there is a newer/more
sophisticated function in the matrix package called nearPD which
(according to the help page) "implements the algorithm of Higham
(2002), and then forces positive definiteness using code from
posdefify."