[R] odfWeave & xtable still best packages to produce tables

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:52:05 CET 2009

Jason,

> I found several references to odfWeave and xtable.  My question is, are those still best R packages to produce publication quality tables tables from R?

I think the file type you want (and how you will use the output)
should probably drive your choice. If you are going to pdf, then
Sweave/xtable/Hmisc:::latex are the best choices. If you are going to
a more editable file format (doc or odt), then consider odfWeave or
pdf/odf converter (which I think what Dr. Harrell does). HTML is
always an option, but you'll have to covert the document if that is
not your target format.

--

Max