[R] Creating an Excel file with multiple spreadsheets

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 23:47:43 CET 2009

I do not believe that anything formal has been done.

Calling the perl script within an R function call would not be overly
difficult, the key would be to package the perl modules required by
the script, otherwise the user would have to install these manually
from CPAN or via an OS specific package management system.

I would also note that I recently posted an updated version of the
script here:

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2009-March/190327.html

which generalizes the script to use the updated version of
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, overcoming the prior file size limit and also
better handles UTF-8 encoding, which the prior version did not do
properly.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz