[R] how to omit NA without using ifelse

LordByron harunozkan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:45:53 CET 2009

Hi Manli. Try the replace() function as below:
replace(a,is.na(a),0) #where a is the name of your 50 x 50 matrix

Below is an example:

a<-matrix(c(sqrt(-2:3)), nrow=2) # produces a 2 x 3 matrix some of whose
elements are NaN (or NA)
# due to square root operator on negative integers

replace(a, is.na(a), 0)

[1,]    0    0    1.414214
[2,]    0    1    1.732051