[R] R editor that will work with Rcmdr

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 6 16:31:12 CET 2009

Dear Michael,

For what it's worth, I develop the Rcmdr under Eclipse, and it works fine
with Eclipse -- both under Windows and under Mac OS X. Of the IDEs that I've
used with R, I'm most impressed with Eclipse/StatET, but configuration is
non-trivial and documentation is sparse.

I have a little experience with the Rcmdr under Emacs (as opposed to XEmacs)
on Windows, and that too seems to work.

Regards,
 John

On
> Behalf Of Michael Bibo
> Sent: March-06-09 5:20 AM
> To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> Subject: Re: [R] R editor that will work with Rcmdr
>
> John Sorkin <jsorkin <at> grecc.umaryland.edu> writes:
>

> > R 2.8.1
> > Windows XP
> > Fedora Linux.
> >
> > I would like a suggestion for an editor that will help format my R code
> that
> can be used with Rcmdr. Is there
> > anything I need to know about running or installing an editor when using
> Rcmdr? I run R on both Windows and
> > Linux (Fedora).
> > Thank you,
> > John