[R] Inference for R Spam

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 08:16:25 CET 2009

Rolf Turner wrote:

>> What is your point, exactly?

My point is that you are making some very broad generalizations on the basis
of your own (perhaps limited) experience and knowledge of the history of
science. You say:

"My impression --- and I could be wrong --- is that physicists understanding
of randomness is very narrow and constrained."

Well most informed scientist would not consider Einstein, de Broglie, and
Schrödinger, together with a host of other physicists, of being "guilty" of
such limited understanding of the randomness of things.

You also criticize physicists for having an approach to measurement error
that "...may be appropriate in the applications with which they are
concerned...," i.e. that is appropriate to their field study. So what is, or
was, your point with all the fluff, stuff, and nonsense taken out?

Regards, Mark.