[R] Inference for R Spam

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 22:38:09 CET 2009

Hi Rolf,

>> ... From the beginner's point of view it is useful to think of random
>> variables ...

Who, exactly, is the beginner ? And was not Sir R. A. Fisher pretty arrogant
and fractious ? He also was highly dismissive of Sir Richard Doll's
conclusion that smoking caused cancer (himself being a smoker). Does that
make him a bad statistician, or all statisticians "bad" or arrogant ?

Regards, Mark.