[R] text at the upper left corner outside of the plot region

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Mar 5 18:07:23 CET 2009

In addition to the other responses that you have received, you can use the grconvertX and grconvertY functions to convert between the different coordinate systems, the upper left corner will be 0,1 in ndc (whole device/page), nfc (figure region), npc (plot region), or nic (inside the outer margins) coordinates, convert this to user coordinates and use the text function.  You may need to turn off clipping, see the xpd entry under ?par.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center