[R] mapping lat and long with maps package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 23:27:28 CET 2009

The example on the help page would seem to be completely on point if I
understand your desire to be plotting text at particular long,lat
coordinates:

?map

text(long, lat, "text")

#
data(ozone)
map("state", xlim = range(ozone$x), ylim = range(ozone$y))
text(ozone$x, ozone$y, ozone$median)
box()

--
David Winsemius