[R] FW: flow control

Lo, Ken ken.lo at roche.com
Wed Mar 4 21:53:04 CET 2009

Hi all,

I need a little help with flow control in R.  What I'd like to do is to
advance a for loop by changing its counter.  However, what seems obvious
to me does not yield the proper results.  An example of my problem is

for (i in seq(1, some_number, some_increment)){
	<some stuff>
	if (some_condition == T) i <- i + 2;  #want to advance the loop
by 2
}

Whenever the counter goes to the next step, the next item in the
original sequence seq(1, some_number, some_increment) replaces the
counter value.  Is there a way for me to do this?

Best,

Ken