[R] PLS regression on near infrared (NIR) spectra data

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 12:52:01 CET 2009

Hi Paulo,

You might also want to look at something like the glmnet package (Friedman,
Hastie, and Tibshirani). This carries out penalized regression, is designed
to work with high numbers of predictors/inputs/columns and relatively few
samples/obervations/rows, and is very fast.

See: http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~hastie/Papers/glmnet.pdf

HTH, Mark.