[R] modifying a built in function from the stats package (fixing arima)

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta cgb at datanalytics.com
Tue Mar 3 21:29:39 CET 2009

Hello,

I do not think that is the way to go. If you believe that your algorithm
is better than the existing one, talk to the author of the package and
discuss the improvement. The whole community will benefit.

If you want to tune the existing function and tailor it to your needs,
you have several ways to go, among them:

1) Copy the existing function into a new file, edit it and load it via
source.

2) Download the source package and modify it for your own purposes.

Best regards,

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta
http://www.datanalytics.com