[R] spatial markov chain methods

Torsten Lange tlange at gwdg.de
Tue Mar 3 16:36:31 CET 2009

Hello,

can any one point me to R-packages (if available) which include spatial
Markov Chain methods?
My second question is more general but hopefully not OT: Currently we
are using the software TPROGS, which let people simulate property
distributions in space by some Markov Chain approaches. We face some
problems due to the lack of information between distances of samples
along borehole path and among boreholes. Is there any way to "trick" it
like for instants in variogram modeling were one might use nested
variograms...?

Thank you, Torsten