[R] logistic regression model validation through bootstrapping

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Mar 2 22:14:35 CET 2009

Install the Design and Hmisc package then do:
library(Design)
?validate.lrm
?calibrate

Resampling methods such as the bootstrap and cross-validation assume you
have done no model/variable selection outside the bootstrap look, i.e.,
you let the bootstrap repeat all modeling steps that used Y.  validate
and calibrate only support backward stepdown variable selection, but if
you are using full pre-specified model fits, this is even easier.

Frank