[R] Distance between clusters

Corrado ct529 at york.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 11:41:43 CET 2009

Dear friends

I reformulate the question. I think I did not formulate it properly.

I have some data on some sites. I can define a dissimilarity between each pair
of sites. Using this dissimilarity, I have clustered the sites using the
hclust algorithm, with method ward. I then obtain 48 clusters, by cutting the
tree using cutree with k=48.

I would now like to estimate the distance between each pair of the 48
resulting clusters. I have read the documentation, but I cannot find a
solution.

Any clue on how I can do that?

This is a snippet of the code:

distPredTurn<-as.dist(dissimilarityMatrix)
hctr<-hclust(distPredTurn,"ward")
cutree(hctr,k=48)

Regards
--
Corrado Topi

Global Climate Change & Biodiversity Indicators
Area 18,Department of Biology
University of York, York, YO10 5YW, UK
Phone: + 44 (0) 1904 328645, E-mail: ct529 at york.ac.uk