[R] probleme with savePlot (to eps)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 00:15:54 CET 2009

Unfortunately your burning desire to use savePlot for this purpose is
not going to reconfigure the capabilities of that function. Just read
the help page of savePlot:

savePlot {grDevices}
R Documentation
Save Cairo X11 Plot to FileDescription
Save the current page of a cairo X11() device to a file.

Usage
savePlot(filename = paste("Rplot", type, sep="."), type = c("png",
"jpeg", "tiff", "bmp"), device = dev.cur())
====
Do you see "ps" or "eps" in the supported types? I do not. Why would
you expect be a warning not to use a type of device that was not
documented as possible.
Have you looked at dev.copy or dev.print as a method of getting the
user choice of screen displayed graphics to an output file?
--
David Winsemius