[R] R tools help

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Mar 1 18:39:32 CET 2009

On 1 March 2009 at 22:54, Ajay ohri wrote:
| Dear List,
| I am trying to create a R package and having some issues with setting the
| path on a Windows XP .
|
| Could you point me to a tutorial that helps in creating R packages .........

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=create+a+R+package

Seriously, there is one entire manual dedicated to 'Writing R extensions',
and there are a number of tutorials floating around on the web, for example
Peter Rossi (at U of Chicago's Booth Business school) has one.

| Also I tried installing Linux using the Windows installer wubi but it failed
| repeatedly and everytime it resets my system clock . Do you have any tools
| etc for easy Linux installations for a Windows user..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=installing+linux+for+windows+user

There is also an entire manual on 'R installation and administration', and
there must be a gazillion tutorials on the web.  Ubuntu seems to have a large
market and mind share, its installation cdrom is a live cdrom you can test
fist, and it has very good R support via binaries on CRAN.

Good luck,  Dirk