[R] Re gression; how to get t-values for all parameters estimates

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sat Jun 27 18:48:30 CEST 2009

gzf200 wrote:

> Even after a couple of hours looking at old messages I still haven't found
> solution for my problem.
> I'm trying to fit an additive linear regression model with 2 effects, both
> fixed, to some dataset. The function contrasts(effectA) <- contr.sum can
> gaurantee that the coefficients per parameter sum to one, and the function
> dummy.coef provices the estimates of all coefficientss. But I would also
> like to
> be able to obtain the corresponding t-values for ALL parameters (not just
> the
> number of effects minus 1, provided by summary()). Does anyone know how to
> get
> (all of) them?

Trying to fit months and weeks as a series of categorical variables and
picking the asterisks is a path to disaster and hopefully not used to model
the future economic of our economy.

If you must, you can check function estimable in package gmodels,  package
multcomp, package contrast, and several functions in Hmisc.

Dieter