[R] How do I get just the two last tokens of each string in a vector?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 13:21:39 CEST 2009

Dear list,

Sorry for asking this very silly question on the list, but I seem to
have made my life complicated by going into string manipulation in
vectors.
What I need is to get the last part of a sting (the two last tokens,
separated by a space), and of course, this should be done for all
strings in a vector, creating a new vector of exual size.

So,

a <- c(" %L H*L L*H H%", "%L H* H%",  "%L L*H %",   "%L L*H %" )

should be made into a vector

I have tried strsplit, but it seems to produce a structure I cannot
get to work in this context. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thankful for all the help I can get.

/Fredrik

--
"Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't
get anything out of it."