[R] Converting S-plus project folders to R

dbosley david.bosley at qwest.com
Thu Jun 25 21:36:15 CEST 2009

I have many S-plus project folders that I need to convert to R workspaces.
For the smaller project folders (< 200MB), using "data.dump" with "oldStyle
= T" and "data.restore" (in the foreign package) within R seems to work
fine. However, I have several project folders that are quite large (~ 4GB).
When I use this procedure to try to convert these project folders, R always
crashes when I perform the "data.restore" command. Does anyone have any
suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave Bosley